1. The greeting is an act of communication in which human beings intentionally make their presence known to each other, to show attention to, and to suggest a type of relationship (usually cordial) or social status (formal or informal) between individuals or groups of people coming in contact with each other.
2. Greetings are sometimes used just prior to a conversation or to greet in passing, such as on a sidewalk or trail. While greeting customs are highly culture and situation-specific and may change within a culture depending on social status and relationship, they exist in all known human cultures.
3. Greetings can be expressed both audibly and physically, and often involve a combination of the two. This topic excludes military and ceremonial salutes but includes rituals other than gestures. A greeting, or salutation, can also be expressed in written communications, such as letters and emails.
Greeting in other Languages
4. In some languages and cultures, the same word or gesture is used as both greeting and farewell. Examples are “Good day” in English, “Sat Shri Akaal” in Punjabi, “As-Salamualaikum” in Arabic, “Aloha” in Hawaiian, “Shalom” in Hebrew, “Namaste” in Hindi and “Ciao” in Italian. The bow and handshake are also used for both greeting and taking leave.
5. These days Whatsapp Greetings have taken overall forms of greetings and we share Greetings and Wishes on various occasions. To begin with, we begin our day with greetings like “Good Morning” and then going on to “Good After Noon”, “Good Evening” and finally “Good Night”.
Greetings on Occasions
6. In our life, there are various occasions when we celebrate these with our near and dear ones. On these beautiful occasions, we send Greetings and Best Wishes. Here are some Beautiful Birthday, Anniversary Messages in Pictures. Be it even other occasions like Success in an Exam or Job Interview, Getting Betrothed, even Get Well Soon Messages, we have all covered here.